Friday, February 29, 2008

thriving vs withering and dying

There are times when I find myself just wanting more. More love, more fun, more just more more more! In my leadership class we were discussing our different strengths we have and how one should express them in our careers and our everyday lives. When I sat there listening to the lecture I realized I am not thriving in what I love to do. The things that I am most passionate about I find myself either putting them off for another day, or thinking there is no possible way I Ashley could ever do such a thing. By having these boundaries placed on me, I am limiting what great things God could and does have in store for me.

I know that I find passion in painting. Picking up a paintbrush and just watching the colors and textures evolve into something beautiful thrills me. I thrive in painting.

I know that I find passion in talking and loving people. I have seen God comfort, move, and restore His people; new, beautiful, hopeful. I thrive in loving and serving people.

I know that I find passion in worshipping. The intimacy I feel with my creator when I am leading people into His kingdom will never be touched. I am assured knowing that He is captivated by me. With all of my flaws, all of my scars, he sees that as beauty. I thrive in worshipping.

I say all of this because I long to thrive. I want my passion to bubble up inside of me where I cannot contain the joy.

3 comments:

evan said...

i feel the very same way. especially today. thanks for sharing!! i'm so happy you have a blog now! GREAT painting, by the way. loves, e

Emily Suzanne said...

Seriously... you are a great blogger already! I'm so excited to check your blogs and keep up with you, my beloved friend!! I really connected with this one. I feel like so much of my time isn't put into doing the creative things I love. :(
Thanks for the encouragement!

Emily Suzanne said...

amen, girl! I'm so right there with you right now! it's nice to share with each other through this blog-thing, right? I miss you and love to hear your thoughts!
Also, that's so cool that Evan and I are both in the wedding!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com